It is the weekend and there are Open Houses throughout Connecticut. This week I was fortunate to get to preview some pretty amazing homes in Lyme, Old Lyme and East Haddam. These are just a few of the areas that are hosting Open Houses for the public this weekend. If you are not currently working with a REALTOR® as your buyer’s agent then let me work with you and help you find the home that meets YOUR needs. But if you do venture out to an Open House this weekend and take a look at homes take some of these thoughts with you:
- Are you out looking at Open Houses without a REALTOR®? Do you know why you should have your own representation?
- Have you sat down with your lender and really narrowed down your price point so you look where you want to be and in the price range you are most comfortable in, based on today’s rates and terms?
- Have you asked the same lender what your buying power would be should the rates shift by .5% by 1% or by more- both up AND down? This ‘tiny’ bit of information can make something that seemed out of reach yesterday – the perfect fit today- if rates play in your favor and you can lock in to take advantage of the move!
- Do you recognize that having your lender and rates and terms all in place PRIOR to House shopping is one of the key elements in a STRONG and successful offer on a property?
- Did you know that active lenders are available on the weekend to take care of getting you the facts you need to complete your offer and be on your way to owning your dream- there is no reason to ‘wait until Monday’!!!?
- At this Open House you are attending do you KNOW who the REALTOR® on duty works for and why it is imperative that you be crystal clear on this before walking through the door?
Open Houses are a great opportunity to really get a ‘feel’ for the home you are considering as an option- but attended without a plan it can lead to some unintended challenges during the offer/negotiation phase of a purchase. Take charge of your purchase and bring along your representation- by either having an agreement with a Buyer’s agent signed in advance (let your agent know you are out looking at homes this weekend and be sure, when you sign in at the Open House, to put your agent contact information on the form so they can follow up with one another, should you be interested in pursuing the property) or physically meeting your buyer’s agent at the property and walking it together. By following one of these paths you will insure that you are taking charge of the process!!
Need a buyer’s agent this weekend – call me and we can get you in the driver’s seat of the process of Making YOUR real estate dreams a reality!!
860-739-4455 ext 33Dawn McNary REALTOR® Heritage Properties spc 157 W Main ST Niantic CT 06357