10 Commandments for Home Buyers is a must read list shared, with permission, by fellow REALTOR®Michael Fenwrick . If you want to move from contract to closing and be sitting pretty then you must read- reread- and internalize these Commandments!!! (Warning: THESE ARE NOT SUGGESTIONS they are a MUST!!!)
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it!)
3. Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture.
7. Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
8. Thou shalt not make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
9. Thou shalt not change bank account.
10. Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
If you are interested in a home along the Connecticut Shoreline or one of the many towns in Eastern and Central Connecticut- then let’s talk!!! 860-739-4455- ext 33 at Heritage Properties in Niantic CT is where you can find me and we can begin the process of Making YOUR Real Estate dreams a reality!!!